The "You Are Here" Teen Video Challenge is open only to legal U.S. residents who are age 13 to 18 applying through the state where they reside. Participants are ineligible if directly related to the panel of judges for the contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
Each participant or group may submit one video per entry. Signed Model Release forms must be included with each entry. All submissions must be received by your state's deadline (stated on your Entry Form). Late entries will not be accepted. A DVD of the video will be requested from all winners.
Terms and Conditions:
All music (that is not supplied by CSLP or in the public domain) and all artwork (other than public domain) must be created by the entrant. CSLP (and all CSLP member affiliates) have the permission to use the "You are Here" submitted teen video including all work created and all intellectual property embodied therein, as per the Model Release from.
Video Criteria for Acceptance:
All videos must:
- Be 30 to 90 seconds.
- Use the CSLP 2011 teen slogan "You Are Here" to convey the idea of teens as a part of a diverse country and world where all are unique and important.
- Promote the idea of using public libraries to learn about ourselves and the wonderful world.
- Promote the fun of reading.
- Entitle your video: “You Are Here-NY-Unique Name” (same as Entry Form).
Please choose a Unique Name that does not include your real name,
ex: You Are Here - NY- Krypton!23
- May include "You Are Here" audio in English, Spanish and/or Instrumental. Please refer to your Entry Form for any specific requirements for your state.
Video will be judged on the following criteria:
- Message clarity and relevance
- Motivation and inspiration
- Overall impact
If your video is chosen as a winner, you will be contacted and asked to mail a copy of your video as a DVD. Preferred formats: .wmv or DVD video with a minimum 640 x 480 aspect ratio.